Wednesday 15 February 2012

Die cutting out of the box: thoughtful gifts

Hi, 
A couple of gifts made by Michelle today. Another way to look at your die-cuts differently and use them for 3d projects, instead of sticking them on a card. 



I made this at Christmas for my brother. Inside the box is a Tyre safety Kit.
I made the box to fit a grungepaper case I made for the tyre safety kit. Cut all the die in front colour card then again in contrast card (to give the shape definition when mounted)
I then stamped some of the grunge stamps on the die cuts in black versafine and mounted them onto the box using sticky pads to give a defined 3d look.



Tim Holtz Alterations: Bigz Die - Holiday lamppost 
Tim Holtz Alterations: Bigz Die - Weathered Clock
Tim Holtz Alterations: Bigz Die - Old Jalopy
Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz: Bitty grunge
Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz: Going somewhere


This was made by cutting two dress forms in mountboard and colouring them with vintage photo ink then stamping with a crackle stmp and the TH sentiment. I then cut two wings out of mountboard and inked, stamped then triple embossed them. These were then mounted either side of a little table card holder using foam pads to hold both die cuts together, glueing the wings in place with glossy accents, between the dress forms. I added the organz for the skirt which I had burned over a candle and punched metal flowers for decoration.







Tim Holtz Alterations: Bigz Die - Sewing room
Tim Holtz Alterations: Bigz Die - Heart and wings


See you tomorrow






9 comments:

  1. Great ideas - love the dress form and thanks for the tip about standing it up on a table card holder! Will certainly be copying that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crackle stamp on the dress form,the result is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the masculine feel of the box, men are so difficult to craft for !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a male - I agree that they are difficult to do anything crafty for!
    Really love the dress form - so feminine and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous ideas Michelle. The male one is going to be very useful so thanks for sharing.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    PS I hate to moan Izzy but I'm getting very frustrated with the new word verification. It's taken me two attempts on my first comment but about five on my second. I'm hoping this one isn't so hard to see in a second. My friend has just removed it from her blog because it's so difficult. Why do the powers that be keep changing things seemingly on a whim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesley,
      I don't understand, because the word verification is not activated and when I live a comment (as myself or I even tried with my daughter's name/URL as she's not admin of this blog), it does not ask me for a verification.... so you got me super puzzled here...

      Delete
    2. ok, I have just left another comment on the AJ post, and now it asked for the word thing (why not before??). And you are right, blogger has changed things and it's 2 words now. I will see what I can do, but there are more and more spammers (hence why Blogger are making things harder for them) and if I change the settings, as we are a shop, we will be inundated with spams. I'll think about it.

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.