Saturday 11 February 2012

Simply Saturday: clay cufflinks

Hello, 
Well today is what I call finishing the themed week with a bang... with projects from the lovely Gay using Modroc AND polymer clay. Are you spoiled or what?
Michelle "wowed" me yesterday, but Gay did the same with her own personal use of Modroc. Who would have thought? Have a look.... 


Modroc! On a ceramic frame.
I laid out a lot of old newspaper and had a tray of water handy. Cut the Mod Rock to size , dip in the water to soften then mould to the shape, leaving flat on the newspaper to dry. Whilst this dried I painted the frame, watering down the paint to blend out. When completely dry I adhered the Mod Rock waves to the frame. Again wait until completely dry and paint with the two colours of Americana blues. Last of all I added a coat of Multi Medium Matte to seal the parts of the Mod rock not painted.
The mod rock was pliable and very messy but lots of fun!
This is a photo of my grandaughter having a bit of fun! 

For this project, I used
Modroc
Ceramic frame
Americana DecoArt acrylic paint in, Bahama Blue and Desert turquoise,
Pinflair glue to fix the Mod Rock to the frame,
Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium Matte.

****

Now as I said... Modroc AND polymer... Gay made those gorgeous cufflinks out of clay and a lovely altered box too. 


I made very understated cufflinks, just one pair with a bit of bling for a special occasion.
The Pardo clay was very easy to model and easy to bake. Clear instructions on the pack.  




I used
Pardo Jewellery clay in Onyx with glitter 916, Mother of Pearl 905
Pack of 5 pairs cufflink bases
Watch parts
Small wooden box
Viva Decor Inka Gold Lava Green
PaperArtsy Fresco chalk paints, Little Black dress.
Crafty Individuals stamps CI-305,
CI-252, for the texture on the white cufflinks.
Watch with padlock face




Hope you enjoyed this very special modelling week
See you on Monday with a new theme
Have a great weekend



3 comments:

  1. The frame is so effective - a beautiful keepsake. The cufflinks are great - I have 2 young 'gentlemen' who would love those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree - my Young Gentleman is into cufflinks just now. He had 2 pairs, with a suitable shirt, for a Christmas present and wore some last night, to play in a local concert. I could even make him some myself!

    Love the frame - it's really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great ideas, I would never have thought of either of them, but going to give it a go now!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.