Monday 19 March 2012

Bird week: Lovely Tando tray

Hi, 
This week will be all about birds: bird on cards, birds on canvas, on Art Journal, caged birds.... lots of lovely projects our DT has been working on. 
To start off, Gio has altered a beautiful Tando Creative tray.
Tando offers a large range of printer's trays and "Scenelits" which are wonderful to work with.


I painted two pages of an old book with PaperArtsy Fresco Paints Snowflake. I stamped the peacock twice using the Kanban acrylic stamps: Birds of paradise-peacock and Jet Black StazOn.
I coloured the peacock using several colours of Distress Inks, using a baby wipe for largest area and a Zig BrusH2O Waterbrush (detailer) for small details.
I cut them out. I made some little cuts all over the peacock's tail with an exacto knife 



 I painted the Tando small printer's tray with PaperArtsy Fresco Paints Snowflake and Metallic glaze. I stamped the background using the Kanban acrylic stamps: Birds of paradise-peacock and Jet Black StazOn.
I glued all the structure together and I painted the borders with PaperArtsy Fresco Paints Old Gold and I stamped the flowers from the same stamp plate. 

I added some embellishments: the little birds are made of stamped shrink plastic, I glued the mini bottle and some lace. I glued the two peacocks one top of each other on the printer's tray, the second one letting free the tail.





 For the card: I stamped the peacock using Jet Black StazOn on a piece of acetate. I coloured the bird using several shades of alcohol inks (on the opposite side).
I glued it with Glossy Accent to a piece of cream cardstock. I stamped the sentiment from the same plate and added a piece of lace coloured with Cosmic Shimmer Scarlet Mist.



Jet Black StazOn
Distress Ink : Barn Door/Broken China/Peeled Paint/DustyConcord/Spiced Marmalade/WornLipstick/Mustard Seed
Alcohol ink: Butterscotch/ Cranberry /Purple Twilight / Pool / Wild Plum/ Sunshine Yellow/ Lettuce
Kanban acrylic stamps: Birds of paradise-peacock
PaperArtsy Fresco Paints Snowflake / Metallic glaze/ Old gold 
Glossy Accent
Cosmic Shimmer Scarlet Mist
acetate
Zig BrusH2O Waterbrush: Detailer 




9 comments:

  1. Lovely details on this. A fab piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really must start thinking more creatively about my stamps. All I have ever done with this set is stamp in black. This is a gorgeous piece, I particularly like the detail on the feathers of the peacock - brillliant idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Tando tray is SO beautiful!! I love the peacocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both the tray and the card. I've always loved peacocks but don't have a stamp for one at all - may have to change that now after seeing these!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so gorgeous! Love that peaock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful !!!! I love your peacok and all the details of the Tando tray ! Thanks a lot, hugs

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.