Saturday 4 August 2012

Stampbord and Impression Obsession for Simply Saturday

Hi, 
Simply Saturday and a wonderful Clean and Simple interpretation of  using the Stampbord here. 
You might think: "I don't need Stampbord to make a UTEE triple embossed square".
Well, think about it (or try even) to make it with cardstock (even 2 or 3 layers of cardstock), it will never stay flat. Stampbord does stay flat... doesn't bulge AT ALL, even with 3 or 4 layers of UTEE. Another reason why I love Stampbord squares which I have used the way Gay did on several occasions. The result is simply stunning.
How about you having a go and letting us know how you get on? Show us what you have done even, we would love to see ;)
Anyway, over to Gay for her beautiful box and card.




My first step was to stamp the tissue paper with the cover a page Impression Obsession Cover--a-Card snowflake stamp. When that was covered completely I used multi medium all over the lid of the papier mache box and covered it with the stamped tissue. The box needed protecting so I painted it all over with multi medium to seal it. When that was dry I swiped over with the brown and black StazOn directly from the ink pads.


For the Stampord, I stamped the snowflake and inked with Distress inks in Pumice Stone and 
Frayed Burlap, the neutral browns and a corner with black soot. When I was happy with the shaded effect I inked with versmark ink and I triple embossed with the UTEE. At the last minute I added the gold and silver embossing powders so they're on the very top layer giving the tile dimension. 
 I adhered them to the box.

The card I masked a square and stamped the snowflake very lightly with the snowflake stamp and again adhered the stampord tile. These would make a gift for my friend who has a very neutral brown decor in her house. 



Stampbord detail.


To make her samples, Gay used:



Our special offer linked to Stampbord
Spend £30 on Stampbord and accessories between July 30th and August 5th and get a £5 voucher back
(you will find it in your parcel)



See you on Monday


8 comments:

  1. ooo that stampboard piece if fabulous and I love what you have done with it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely stunning! Such subtle colours and amazing lustrous patina - superb!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully elegant, understated yet totally gorgeous!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.