Saturday 2 May 2015

Word Play - Neil Walker



Morning all,

Happy Weekend everyone,

Don't forget we have Inspiration Day in the shop.

a Mixed Media day with 

Lindsay Mason,

Helen Chilton,

and Neil Walker!!

Do try and pop in if you can, I'm sure you will have a great time!

So, back to our last DT post of the week, Neil is here today

This is what he says....


"I've always loved the look of the old fashioned printers blocks,
 you know the ones I mean don't you? Those lovely wooden ones
 in lovely wood tones and colours. Well I thought I'd have a go at 
replicating the look and this is the result".


This is my little book of words. I began by gluing die cut letters
 to the Media Boards, One side was fully covered and the other 
partly covered with letters and the whole piece was covered in a 
layer of Faux Finishing Medium making sure that I kept my
 brushstrokes pretty even.


When this was dry, I added a couple of layers of the Sienna and
 allowed to dry.



For the next step I added a layer of Raw Umber to the covers.
 Then, taking a moist wipe and wrapping it around the edge of an
 acrylic block I swiped back the colour from the raised sections to 
reveal the lighter undertones.


For the inside I cut the scrapbook page of quotes into strips;
 joined them to form a long strip using Tim Holtz tissue tape
 and then scored each one to create an accordion booklet.


 I glued the accordion together at the back using double sided tape
 to create pockets to slip tags into and glued the inside to the covers.
I stamped the words onto the front with black Archival ink and
 heat embossed with clear UTEE.





I really like this, thank you Neil.
See, this is why you need to go and see him in the 
shop today! 

If you'd like to have a go, this is what you need -




So that's another week finished on the blog.
Tomorrow is a new Weekly Challenge, hmm what shall we 
have this time?


Well you will have to wait and see!!

I'll be back tomorrow,
see you then.

Jane x

4 comments:

  1. I'm too far away :-((

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could come see....
    However, THIS is a Fantastic book!! Oh how I love the dimensions of letters & texture from the brilliant paint effect!! Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks even better in real life. Thanks Neil for spending so much time talking me through using the "interference" colours - the effects are great. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.