Friday 10 February 2017

Starlight Express

Starlight Express




Hallo Everyone!
Nice to see you

We have a super project
for you today from

Louise Thomson

Sit back and enjoy as
she shows us what to
do with an oversized
wooden peg............


"First I dismantled the peg to make it easier to
paint and gave it a coating of Starlight Paint



I added a layer of grunge paste through my tree stencil



and allowed this to dry before adding more
Starlight Paint to the raised areas using
Cut 'n Dry foam



I also went back and added to the background
layer with starlights paints applied with a brush


Using Versacolor Ink I stamped in the mushrooms
around the base of the trees and stars all over
the remainder of the peg



Finally, I stamped two little faeries onto vellum
in Versacolor Neptune Ink and cut around them.


I gave them a very light coating of
Dark Orchid Starlight Paint so that they
shimmered and attached them to the peg


I then reassembled the peg



Note that I have done it upside down so that
the peg can stand on my desk as a note holder"


Materials used:

Starlights paints – Emerald, Turquoise, Dark orchid
Versa colour ink – Neptune and silver
Lavinia Stamps



Thank you Louise
these do look fun to make
and would be really
useful gifts too 

That reminds me - I have
a small gift by way of a
big "thank you" to do this
afternoon so if anyone wants
me I shall be away with the faeries......!

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx










2 comments:

  1. Wow you have really worked in miniature...great fussy cutting. A very sweet peg. The paints look great fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project and loving your choice of colours too. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.