Friday 3 March 2017

Street Art



Street Art



Hi there!

Hope your week is on track.

I'm supposed to be doing some
art homework today..........who
would have thought that at this
stage in my life I would be back
to homework!  Haha!

Anyway, here is Jane Castle with
a very nice arty page in her new
journal.......


 "I made myself a promise this year to start 
an Art Journal and a Scrap Book. Well the year is 
trundling  along at a pace so I felt I'd better do something 
about one at least so here is my very first page 
of my very first art journal!



I began by applying various layers of Fresco paints 
with a brayer in Wisteria, Blush, Hint of Mint and Stone.



Then once I was happy with the combination added 
some Grunge Paste through a TCW stencil.


This was left to completely dry before applying some 
DI in Weathered Wood to the grunge paste with my finger.


The quote from a PaperArtsy stamp set was then added 
using Denim Adirondack ink. 

I felt this was a very apt quote! 

The dots were stamped in DI Peeled Paint.

Next onto the main stamped images, 
for this I used a selection from Eclectica ETS01. 

As I only wanted the stem part of one stamp I masked 
the unwanted part with a post-it note before inking.


This was removed before stamping onto my page. 
The circle stamp which I chose for my 'Flower Head' 
was marked on the back of the stamp to hi-light the point 
where the 'Stem' and 'Flower' would meet. 

The 3 main images were heat embossed with clear EP.



The circles were then added to the edges and 
using a fine nibbed black pen I added some connecting 
lines and swirls.

Now for a splash of colour......... 
using Claret, Pumpkin Soup, Chartreuse and Autumn Fire 
all transluscent Fresco paints 
and a very fine paint brush I began to fill in various 
sections/segments. 

I finished with a few dots of Metallic Glaze 
on some of the tiny dots.



This was left for a couple of hours to thoroughly dry 
before adding some glossy accents to one section of 
yellow on each of the 3 main images. 

When I went back to take the final pictures I was amazed 
that the Glossy Accents had started to crack ---- 
now I don't know if that was because it's an old bottle 
perhaps 5yrs maybe more 
or that my craft room is outside and it may have 
got too cold for it overnight? 

If you know what caused the cracking please leave 
a message below as I am intrigued"

Material List

PaperArtsy Stamp Sets ETS01, ESN03, EEV06
TCW Mini Raven Mosaic Stencil
PaperArtsy Grunge Paste
Versafine Onyx Black ink


Thank you Jane for sharing your
new journal with us.  We will look
forward to seeing more of it.......

Have been pondering on your dilemma
with the Glossy Accents - I have some of
equal vintage and it is fine so over to you
followers, any ideas?

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx































3 comments:

  1. I have had this happen before and it look like a reaction of the Glossy accents to the layer of acrylic paint underneath. Well done on your first journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I hadn't thought of the paint, will have to do a trial one with paint and one with ink. Many thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant first journal page, looking forward to seeing how it unfolds xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.