Friday 14 April 2017

Boxing Clever



Boxing Clever


Hi there!

It is the start of the first
holiday of the year - how
fabulous is that?  

Since you have time on
your hands best enjoy it
with some serious crafting.
Speaking of which, just
look at what Louise Thomson
has done with those Cubbies
from Tando Creative

"For this project I started by making 
myself a base board. 

I smeared distress oxide ink over my 
non stick mat and spritzed with water 
before pressing my card down in to it. 


I repeated several times until the layers 
of colour were well developed. 

I then stencilled and blended more inks 
on top until I was happy. 


I stamped the ‘seaside memories’ stamp twice
on to the base card using embossing ink and
embossed in white.

I also did an impression using faded jeans distress oxide ink.

I painted onto the blue stamped image
using Fresco Nougat and White Fire


Setting those aside for later, 

I coated the cubbeys in gesso,
 then painted using fresco paints. 

I assembled the cubbeys after I
painted them, but I think it may have been
better the other way around
(something to test out another day!)


Now for the really fun part… 
I chopped up my base board in various ways
 and started playing around with the different 
possible layouts. 
I threw a bit of vellum and a die cut of bubbles 
in to the mix for good measure too!


For these I used 3D foam mount pads 
to create lots of layers at different depths.




Once I was roughly happy with the arrangements 
I put all the cubbeys together. 
I also added texture sand paste to the 
base of them and left to dry.

With the paste dry, I smooshed a bit of 
fossilized amber distress ink on to my 
mat and used a wet paintbrush to pick 
up the colour. 
I painted it on to the sand paste giving 
the look of sand. 

Finally I added a few beads and tiny shells 
from my stash to finish it all off.
Here is the final finished assembly"



Materials list;
Crafty individuals stencil
(spiced marmalade, fossilized amber, 
faded jeans, broken china, iced spruce)
Fresco paints (Antarctic, Nougat, Turquoise, White fire)

A fabulous project Louise
Thank you very much

Think I might have a play with
these this evening - I'm beginning
to become more and more inspired

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx















7 comments:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.