Friday 28 April 2017

Quirky Birds


Quirky Birds


Hi There!

Just realised that we are
nearly in May!  Don't know
whether to be happy (we have
two Bank Holiday Weekends
in May in the UK), or
terrified at the speed in which
the year is hurtling by........

Here is Hazel Harler with
a calming thought............ haha!


 "I love this little bird and decided to use it 
on a fridge magnet for my quirky bird project.


I started by cutting a 6" x 4" magnet from a magnetic sheet.

I covered it with white card and used 
my Hampton Art stamp positioner to stamp the images.


I don't always get a clear image when 
I use a stamp and I find this tool very useful 
as I can stamp the image more than once.


I masked the little bird and coloured the card 
with Distress ink and lightly sprayed it with water.


 I used a Sheena Douglas stencil with distress ink.


I decided to stencil some Distress crackle paint 
and removed the mask while it was still wet.


A close up of the crackle after it had dried.


 I coloured the bird with watercolour pencils. 

I decided to stamp the words on a piece of card
 as the ones that I stamped on the magnet 
didn't show up very well after the stencilling


My magnet on my fridge with a couple of my other magnets."


 


Great idea Hazel, thank you

We should all have one of these
on our fridge doors then every time
we pass it we will smile (maybe 
even laugh out loud) or just
agree with the sentiment......


'Till Tomorrow

Mickie xx




2 comments:

  1. I love this and it definitely made me laugh out loud! Thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love these quirky birds. Happy crafty weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.